IDentity Management for federated access
The Mediterranean University adheres to the IDEM service (IDEntity Management for federated access) managed by GARR,
the first Italian Federation of Authentication and Authorization Infrastructures (AAI) which aims to allow
users of the national scientific and academic community to more easily access online services and contents
made available by different organisations.
IDEM membership gives end users the advantage of using a single password to access all resources
available through the Federation while simplifying the access procedures which become
completely independent from the place where the user is located.
To view/access the services and content available:
To learn more about the topic:
The University credentials to use for access are:
- for University email users @unirc.it, the full email address and relative password
- for students of the University @studenti.unirc.it, the entire email address and password
For support in consulting the bibliographic resources
refer to Sistema Bibliotecario di Ateneo
For problems or information relating to the IDEM Federation
send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information on the release of user attributes to resource providers
Our organization's identity provider (IdP) can send certain information, called attributes, about you to service providers (SPs).This information is:
- Requests to access the queried resources
- Not exceeding what is strictly necessary for access to resources
- Managed in accordance with the law
- Specifyable for each service provider
The identity provider will only send the required attributes to each service provider.
Before accessing the resource provided by the service providers, the user examines the attributes being released and can decide whether to accept or prevent the sending of these.
In case of refusal, access to the resources provided by the service provider will not be possible.
When you access a resource of the IDEM federation, the system will release the following personal data to the body that provides the resource:
- Affiliation in your organization
- email addresses @studenti.unirc.it @unirc.it
- Identifying name (principal name) in your organization
- Surname and Name
- Organization type
- A unique and anonymous persistent identifier used to identify the user without containing personal information
USER ATTRIBUTES TO SUPPORT RESEARCH AND EDUCATION
The following table contains all the attributes that our identity provider (IdP) send to one or more service providers (SPs), based on the filters configured for each of them.
|Unique identifier of the person corresponding to the european tax code
|your affiliate organization
|the type of organization with which the user is affiliated
|Specify the type of affiliation, example: student, faculty, staff, alum, etc
For more information on personal data management and privacy, consult the page
Legal notes and privacy.